Railway Recruitment Board conducts the RRB NTPC exam every year to recruit the candidates for Non-Technical Popular Categories. Contenders who have minimum education qualification of 12th pass can attend this exam.
The recruitment process involves
- 1st stage Computer Based Test (CBT),
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test,
- Typing Skill Test (TST)/ Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) and
- Document Verification (DV).
The 1st stage CBT comprise of
- 30 questions of Mathematics,
- 30 questions of General Intelligence and Reasoning and 40 questions of General Awareness.
- That means there is total of 100 numbers of questions and each question carry one mark. The exam duration is 90 minutes.
In 2nd stage CBT there will
- 35 questions of Mathematics,
- 35 questions of General Intelligence and Reasoning
- and 50 questions of General Awareness.
Total marks are 120 and exam duration will 90 minutes. For each wrong answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted. CBAT is only for those contenders who have opted for Traffic Assistant and Station Master.
In CBAT the candidates need to secure a minimum T-Score of 42 marks in each of the test batteries to qualify.
In TST the candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute (WPM) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi.